Profile


Memory Ln
Places

Watertown, New York Armory (1879 – 1966)
Watertown, New York’s Armory On Arsenal Street The State Armory on Arsenal Street, built in 1879, was constructed on the former site of the old...

Masonic Temple (1917 – Present)
Masonic Temple Began Construction in 1914 In the late 1800s and early 1900s, Masonic temples were seemingly constructed everywhere. The Watertown temple on lower Washington...

Adriel Ely – Edmund Q. Sewall Mansion (1828 – 1938)
Adriel Ely, A Prominent Figure Of Early Watertown, N.Y. History Adriel Ely was described in Joel R. Monroe’s Through Eleven Decades of History as “a...

Mohican Building (1891 – 1964)
Mohican Originally Known As The Smith Building Construction on the Mohican Building, originally known as the Smith Building, began in 1891 across from the First...

KarmelKorn Shoppe (1941 – 1998)
The KarmelKorn Shoppe Comes To The Paddock Arcade The KarmelKorn Shoppe is actually a national franchise that began all the way back in 1929. The...

The Globe Store (1892 – 1973)
Hyman G. Ellis And The Globe Store The Globe Store’s history began after the arrival of Hyman G. Ellis in Watertown, N.Y., in 1892 (though...

The Brown Shanty (1943 – 2005)
The Brown Shanty’s Original Name: Wade’s Barbecue, Then Moran’s Barbecue For its first year of existence, the little trailer like structure near the corner of...

Baker’s – Howard’s – Shuler’s Restaurant (c. 1944 – 2025)
Shuler’s Restaurant: It All Began Way Back In 1936… Or Maybe 1944. On the city’s northside, where Shuler’s Restaurant sits, was once the home to...

The Frontenac Hotel and Fire – 1000 Islands (1878 – 1911)
The Frontenac Hotel History From 1878 – 1911 The Frontenac Hotel was originally conceived as Round Island House in 1878, undergoing major renovations just 10...

Electric Building (1907 – 1976)
The Electric Building Was Originally Built As Hotel LeRay Construction on Hotel LeRay began in 1907, after the Universalist Church had moved to their new...